Monday, May 12, 2008

The Results are in!

I fell just short of my goals averaging 28.5/mpg. I started using 2.8 oz per my 14 gallon tank, and had better results from using closer to 2 oz.

Here are the results of adding acetone to my gasoline each time I filled up:

Summary Information
Original MPG: 26.0
Best MPG w/ Acetone: 28.8
Worst MPG w/ Acetone: 28.1
Average MPG w/ Acetone: 28.5 (average over 4 full tanks)
MPG Percent Gain: 8.11%
Average Savings Per Tank (Cost of acetone included): $4.34
Estimated Annual Savings (Driving 350/miles per week): $181.70



Needless to say, I am ecstatic about the results of just adding acetone!
In my upcoming tests, I will be making a few modifications:


*New air filter (The one in the ranger has almost 13k miles on it)
*Fresh Full Synthetic Oil
*Driving Habits

Learn more about further increasing the effects by altering your driving habits to increase gas mileage!


No comments: