Monday, July 21, 2008

Experimenting with Acetone: Does Acetone Increase Gas Mileage?

Does acetone increase gas mileage? Does acetone harm my engine? I remember back in high school when gas was around a buck a gallon. Now with many experts predicting that gas will soon reach a whooping $4 a gallon (update-it just flew by it!), consumers, such as myself, are starting to fight back! Maximizing your gas mileage will help reduce your impact on the environment, and more importantly, save your hard earned cash for stuff you actually want to spend you money on - like pizza instead of ramen noodles!

First, here are the steps I've taken to maximize the mileage of the my vehicle:
*Ensure proper air pressure is in tires
*Maintain proper maintenance intervals for oil changes
*Remove unnecessary weight from the vehicle such as stuff in the truck bed that I never use and just haven't pulled out.

Initial findings:

I'm averaging a great 26mpg overall (city/hwy combined) before I begin testing how far I can get by adding acetone to my gasoline. My goal is to hopefully make it to 30mpg by adding acetone.


No comments: